Meg Therese

Monday, May 08, 2006

Pirates!


The new Pirates of the Caribbean trailer is up. Woot! Pirates is one of my all time favorite movies. And in case anybody's wondering, modern day canoes that float even when they're filled with water, you can't turn them upside down and go under water. Thought you ought to know.


Why is it that Pirates is such an appealing movie? I think it's that people still do the right thing even though they seem to be morally corrupt pirates. Like Jack. Sure, much of his good work is to become "square" with people again, but that's not why he first saves Elizabeth from drowning. And when Jack's crew saves him at the end, it goes against the Pirate's Code (Why can't I remember the code?? But it's something like every man for himself.).

Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home