Meg Therese

Thursday, August 03, 2006

JKR in NYC--my thoughts

So last night I went to see Stephen King, John Irving, and JK Rowling at Radio City Music Hall with three of my friends. It was totally awesome. All three were great readers. I'd never heard Stephen King speak before, and for some reason I thought his voice would be lower. He was pretty amusing.

John Irving, whenever he answered a question, got real introspective, and it felt like the lights were lowering and only a dim spotlight shown on him. He read from his book A Prayer for Owen Meany, the part where the parts for the church Christmas pagent are being givin out. It was funny; I think anyone who's been involved in something like that would like it. "Nobody know what the turtledoves are. They look like alien turtledoves. And what are those streamers supposed to be?" "They're feathers!"

JK was awesome. Somebody asked the question I wanted to ask--What questions should fans be asking?"--but she couldn't answer, because it would give too much away. Is it too late for me to ask who's on the invite list for Bill and Fleur's wedding?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home